Frequently Asked Questions
There are many moving parts to each conference, which may surface an array of questions. We have gathered the answers to our most frequently asked questions and answered them for you below. If your question is not listed, do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help!
When does Call for Speakers open? When are submissions due?
How many speaking slots are available?
What speaking opportunities are open? What are the different types of sessions?
End-user case study sessions require exactly that, an end-user. Mid to senior level executives willing to share their organization’s story, experiences and practical advice typically lead these sessions.
Consultant-led hands-on workshop sessions are extremely popular and are limited to 3-4 sessions per conference. These are interactive sessions where the submitter acts as a facilitator to encourage and develop conversation and involvement from the session participants around the topical area they have submitted. These sessions take place on the pre-conference day and typically have between 7-15 participants.
We are also always open to the idea of innovative talks, lightning rounds, and panel sessions. Submitters should be very explicit in their submission as to the type of session they are suggesting. Detail is important.
How are sessions selected?
How do I increase my odds of getting selected?
Don’t shy away from controversy—this is a forum for industry discussion, and debates and out-of-the-box thinking are appreciated—challenge the audience with unconventional thinking. Content that is intermediate to advanced scores the best—this audience is well beyond entry-level definitions.
What are the main reasons sessions don’t get selected?
What resources does ALI offer to speakers?
As a speaker you’ll be provided with an all-access pass, an opportunity to bring a colleague along with you, an exclusive discount to share with your network, and a detailed contact list so that you may continue the conversation with your peers beyond the conclusion of the conference.
How do I submit my proposal to become a speaker?
What is included in my registration fee?
- Continental breakfast each morning
- ALI notebook, pen, and folder with handouts
- Digital copies of each presentation
- Complimentary coffee & refreshment breaks throughout each day
- Open-bar networking reception
- Detailed contact sheet of all participants
What is the dress code?
Can I use my phone during the conference?
How can I obtain a copy of a presenter’s presentation?
Will my photo be taken during the conference?
Why is there no venue listed on the conference website?
I am a member of the press. Do you offer a special press registration rate?
What are your terms & conditions?
Payment is due two weeks prior to the event. If payment has not been received two weeks before the event, a credit-card hold, training form, or purchase order will be taken to ensure your space.
You may make substitutions at any time; please notify us as soon as possible. If you cancel (in writing) more than two weeks prior to the conference a refund will be provided less a $295 administration fee. Registered delegates who do not attend or who cancel two weeks prior to the conference or less will be issued a credit memo. Credit memos will be valid for one year from date of issuance and can be used by anyone in your organization.
Advanced Learning Institute, Inc. reserves the right to make changes in programs and speakers, or to cancel programs if enrollment criteria are not met or when conditions beyond its control prevail. Every effort will be made to contact each enrollee if a program is canceled. If a program is not held for any reason, A.L.I.’s liability is limited to the refund of the program fee only.
Why should I sponsor an ALI conference?
We have designed each package with copious benefits. We will give you a glimpse…
- Each event brings together a different audience of senior-level executives from a variety of industries – it’s not likely you will meet the same person twice
- Our 20+ year track record of highly regarded conferences speaks to our dedication and success
- Several well-known and respected decision-makers attend our conferences in search for someone to provide them a solution that you may have
- Our conference promotions utilize a variety of marketing avenues, which will result in significant exposure and value to you
- You’re not treated as a mere sponsor. We don’t believe in having a separate exhibit hall. Instead, we provide you with prime real estate in the same area where all sessions take place, allowing you to be an active participant and really get to know the audience on a deeper level